so-called "vote" to re-create comp.unix.wizards

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Thu Oct 11 04:22:04 AEST 1990

In article <18581 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:

| First, the guidelines have been followed.  There has been discussion
| in comp.unix.internals for more than two weeks.  Second, others have
| suggested that comp.unix.wizards be recreated.  Third, the vote was
| announced in the appropriate and relevant newsgroups.  That is the
| gist of the guidelines.  That there be discussion, some concensus on
| action to be taken, and a call for votes.  According to those
| guidelines, this is a valid vote.

>From the "call for votes":
< Hi.  Chip Salzenberg says I should run a vote if I want
< to see comp.unix.wizards return.  I happen to think the
< answer is obvious.
<
< So, this is the vote.  If you would like to see the
< return of comp.unix.wizards, with no other changes to
< any of the new groups, send your YES vote to my address.
< In a month or so, I'll tally the votes and send the
< results off to the net.gods for their action.  I'm not
< suggesting any of the other groups get removed, just
< that c.u.wizards get reinstated.
<
< Don't bother telling me about the guidelines, that's
< what got c.u.wizards screwed up in the first place.

  Note that there *isn't even an address* for NO votes. Let's not let
democracy get in the way of getting what we want, right?

  I would have gone along with a vote, but this is ridiculous. The alias
stays on my machines, regardless.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
    VMS is a text-only adventure game. If you win you can use unix.