RAM disk.

Brett McCoy brtmac at maverick.ksu.ksu.edu
Wed Oct 10 07:20:50 AEST 1990

In <1990Oct09.121447.3336 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>On a system that was running near 90% utilization (i.e. very little CPU
>left) we doubled the number of NBUF entries and system performance
>*dropped* significantly.  This was probably due to the extra time spent
>searching through the buffer cache looking to see if a block was there.

Could someone tell me if this is possible on a Sun SS1 (increasing or
decreasing NBUF entries) and if so, where it needs to be done?  I looked
in the kernal config files and couldn't really find anything that looked
like it would do the job.
--
Too bad the universe doesn't run in a segmented environment with
protected memory. -- Wiz from "Wizards Bane" by Rick Cook