c.u.wizards vs. c.u.internals

Aaron Sherman asherman at dino.ulowell.edu
Sun Sep 9 16:21:15 AEST 1990

rli at buster.irby.com (Buster Irby) writes:

   >sl at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) writes:
   >> Is it time for alt.unix.wizards?

   >I'll create an alt.unix.wizards in a couple of days unless I get lots of
   >nasty email. There are clearly a lot of people who want something like it.

   Sounds like sour grapes to me Peter!  While you are at it, why don't you
   create alt.unix.sco also?  I hear there are a lot of  people who would
   like it also!!   :-(

Why not. If people want a newsgroup, and the net officially votes against
it, then alt is a great place for it. I'm for the alt group (with hopes of
both comp.unix.wizards AND comp.unix.internals existing one day).

I think that people will find more intelligent conversation in wizards if
there is a group with a slightly more descriptive name to draw the fire of
those who are new to the net. Not that they should not be listened to, just
that I like to listen to something ELSE every now and then :)

			-AJS

asherman at dino.ulowell.edu	or	asherman%cpe at swan.ulowell.edu
Note that as of 7/18/90 that's asherman at dino.cpe.ulowell.edu
"That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is."