Unix error handling

Tim Dawson tim at Xsys..uucp
Thu Sep 6 01:22:47 AEST 1990

david at Neon.Stanford.EDU (David M. Alexander) writes:

>You must have been reading about AIXv3 setjmp() and longjmp() recently.
>You can use these calls to do exactly that.
>AIXv3 is turning out to be a really nice OS.

I hate to pop this bubble, but setjmp() and longjmp() are NOT from AIX - they
are a part of the SysVR3 release from AT&T and are utilized within Unix, among
other places.  Source of my information: AT&T System 5 Release 3 internals
training.  I have not checked too many OS ports, but this (based on the above)
exists in AIX, and also exists in Motorola SysV68 and SysV88, and I suspect in
most all ports of System V Release 3!  Let's not give IBM credit for something
that they definitely did NOT come up with!