How about a "trial" group, was Re: c.u.wizards vs. c.u.internals

Steve Hayman sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Sat Sep 15 05:15:21 AEST 1990

>I hereby call for votes on re-instating comp.unix.wizards.

I would like to remind people about the "trial.*" news hierarchy.

Write up a proposal as to why you think comp.unix.wizards is needed;
send it to  "trialgroup at uunet.uu.net" and your proposal will
be passed along to a list of volunteer judges.  Assuming there are
no objections, the group "trial.comp.unix.wizards" will be
created by the judges.

If after 5 months the group is in the top 75% of Usenet groups,
measured in 'readers per site' as posted by the monthly Arbitron
reports, the group will be promoted to "comp.unix.wizards".  If the
group hits the top 50% at any point, it will be promoted right away.

No need for anyone to take votes or a discussion period or any of that.

The trial.* hierarchy is still sort of an experiment, but I wish
people would make more use of it.

..Steve
(disclaimer: I'm one of the volunteer judges)

--
Steve Hayman    Workstation Manager    Computer Science Department   Indiana U.
sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu                                    (812) 855-6984
NeXT Mail: sahayman at spurge.bloomington.in.us