Watch, Spy, whatever you wanna call it

Karl Lehenbauer karl at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Sep 21 08:06:51 AEST 1990

In article <29835 at netnews.upenn.edu> kehoe at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:
> Well, anyway, what's the deal? Has one ever been written for under Unix?

Lots of times.  Thing is, the authors wisely do not distribute them widely
because they (and we) don't *want* managers, syspriv weenies and control
freaks to have it.  It's sort of like nuclear nonproliferation.  Plus people
really hate to be spied on.

(As to whether it's legitimate to spy or not, it's a question for another
newsgroup -- in my opinion management should use normal management tools
for determining whether or not you're working -- like if you're meeting your
schedules, never in your office, etc.)

Or should I have said "It figures that VMS would have this" to bait all the
VMS weenies?  Naah, that'd be too easy...
--
-- uunet!ficc!karl	"jackpot: you may have an unnecessary change record"
   uunet!sugar!karl						-- v7 diff