CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Give comp.unix control to the wizards

Larry McVoy lm at slovax.Sun.COM
Sun Sep 30 17:20:22 AEST 1990

In article <414 at nyet.UUCP> pete at nyet.UUCP (Pete Hardie) writes:
>#3 seems to be generating the most heat.  If the wizards want to keep the
>same smallish group for wide-ranging discussion, why not create a mailing
>list for that, and keep the newsgroup name?

Not to pick on Pete but this has finally reached a point that I can't
stand it anymore.

Why don't all you bozo's out there stop sticking your nose in things
that aren't any of your business?  unix-wizards predates your potty
training.  The people who we want to see posting either voted against
or ignored this drivel.

The thing that bothers me the most is that the name was changed by
someone who *isn't* a wizard; now more wizard-wanna-be types are
worriedly discussing what they ought to do.  I'll tell them what they
ought to do: shut up and butt out.
---
Larry McVoy, Sun Microsystems     (415) 336-7627       ...!sun!lm or lm at sun.com