c.u.wizards vs. c.u.internals

David Wright dww at stl.stc.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 04:47:48 AEST 1990

In article <4YQ5MLG at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>> Is it time for alt.unix.wizards?
>
>I'll create an alt.unix.wizards in a couple of days unless I get lots of
>nasty email. There are clearly a lot of people who want something like it.

Huh?   I know that some people morn the loss of the old name, but the group
still exists under its new name of comp.unix.internals.   Why on earth
should we need a new alt group to 'shadow' an existing comp group?   It makes
sense to introduce an Altnet group for a new subject that may later migrate
to the Usenet, or for a subject that the main Usenet will not carry, but
not for a subject that is already as well supported as comp.unix.

Regards,      David Wright       STL, London Road, Harlow, Essex  CM17 9NA, UK
dww at stl.stc.co.uk <or>  ...uunet!mcsun!ukc!stl!dww <or>  PSI%234237100122::DWW
Usenet works on the principle that 10,000 people know more about the answer to
any question than one does.  Unfortunately they know 10,000 different answers.