UNIX semantics do permit full support for asynchronous I/O

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sun Sep 2 12:31:14 AEST 1990

Having somehow missed the fact that comp.unix.wizards has, um, changed
status (what happened anyhow? I still don't know) I'll repeat a query
I just made there here:

Does anyone have any papers or references on performance benchmarking
of regular vs asynch I/O under UNIX (not other OS's, it's not
applicable)?

Failing that, does anyone have any informal results? Anything?
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | {xylogics,uunet}!world!bzs | bzs at world.std.com