About the comp.unix.internals fluster

Gary Duzan gdtltr at freezer.it.udel.edu
Thu Sep 13 11:04:00 AEST 1990

In article <9009122244.AA06635 at mindcrf.mindcraft.com> karish at mindcrf.UUCP (Chuck Karish) writes:
=>In article <15489 at drilex.UUCP> dricejb at drilex.UUCP
=>(Craig Jackson drilex1) writes:
=>>If anyone is really concerned about the legalities of these things,
=>>then there should be no 'comp.unix.xxx' groups.  They should all
=>>be 'comp.unix.operating.system.xxx'.
=>
=>'comp.unix-operating-system.xxx', if you please.  We don't need
=>a three-level directory hierarchy to satisfy AT&T's lawyers.
=>Of course, the trademark owners have, in their infinite wisdom,
=>limited directory names in their versions of the UNIX operating system
=>to 14 letters, so 'comp.unix.xxx' is more appropriate.

   comp.unix-os.* would do. However, is there really anything to worry
about? Can AT&T sue USENET? Maybe comp.unix-tm.* would do. :-) Just have
a monthly posting with:

Subject: Unix is a Registered Trademark of AT&T Bell Labs

or whatever, if you really want to.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration

                          gdtltr at freezer.it.udel.edu
 [|o o|] If you can square, round, or cube a number, why not sphere it? [|o o|]
  |_O_|         "Don't listen to me; I never do." -- Doctor Who          |_O_|