X11 bashing

Michael Stefanik mike at bria.UUCP
Sun Apr 28 07:45:39 AEST 1991

In an article, lm at slovax.Eng.Sun.COM (Larry McVoy) writes:
>Think carefully before you flame me - think hard about the Mac.  The reason
>that *users* like the Mac is due, in part, to the consistent look and feel
>of the user interface.

This is the old double-edged sword of user versus programmer usability.
With the Mac, you had a machine that people loved to *use* but programmers
*despised* programming.  Obviously this didn't (and will not ever) work.
User friendless at the expense of programmability (or perceived said
programmabilty) is not going to do it.

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike