Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sun Feb 17 03:29:44 AEST 1991

From: sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan)
>Oops.  ss is a readable and writable segment, not an executable segment.
>Memory-fault, core-dump.  (Note:  to make it work, all you have to do is
>spit out a segment prefix [a la 'call cs:@esp'].)
>
>Anyway, just a bunch of nit-picking, because I can't fall asleep yet...

Point of information!

So what you're saying is that an (assembler, library) function could
be written which calls a data address and used by any program (on a
386)? Something similar to indir(), eg: call(addr,arg1,arg2,...,argn)?
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs at world.std.com          | uunet!world!bzs