rstat problem

Saumen K Dutta skdutta at cs.tamu.edu
Fri Feb 22 06:22:11 AEST 1991

Sorry wiazrds! this is a simple programming problem
for those who have worked with the remote statistics
package of SUN(R) RPC. I want to collect some performance
data from the remote workstation which runs the rstatd.
The following program bounces every time when the rstat
function gets executed.

#include <rpcsvc/rstat.h>

main()
{
int value;
struct statstime *statp;
value = havedisk("sparc10");
rstat("neuron", statp);
}

I compiled it with the rpcsvc library. Execution
gives Segmentation fault and core dump. What I
am doing wrong? please don't ask me to RTFM.

Thanks in advance
S.K. Dutta

     _                                   ||Internet: skdutta at cssun.tamu.edu
    (   /_     _ /   --/-/- _            ||Bitnet : skd8107 at tamvenus.bitnet