Source for Unix???

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sun Feb 10 15:56:05 AEST 1991

>>>V6, $60, full source, 9-track magtape.
>>
>>What would it take to get a copy of the source as just described?
>
>First, you get a PDP-7, then...

Oh c'mon, V6 ran on a PDP-11. It even required the "later" models
(11/34 and above), although there was a hacked version which ran fine
on non-MMU PDP-11's (we ran that on a PDP11/10 and later the LSI-11.)

I guess that was Mel Ferantz's "Mini-Unix", swapped all of user memory
on every context switch and did pseudo-pipes via disk files (tho they
looked the same to the user.) And we thought it was the best thing
since sliced bread!
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs at world.std.com          | uunet!world!bzs