Ideas for changes to Unix filesystem

Geoff Steckel - Sun BOS Hardware CONTRACTOR gsteckel at vergil.East.Sun.COM
Thu Feb 14 07:44:06 AEST 1991

In article <BZS.91Feb7163251 at world.std.com> bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) writes:
>Since all flink() would do is enter a string/i-num pair into a
>directory I can't see how any of this applies.

Ummm... pipes USED to be implemented as `nameless' files on PIPEDEV, with
some strange semantics to make the read/write pointers wrap around at 10
blocks (or whatever size pipes were).  You wanna link one of THOSE into
the file system?  (:-)
	regards,
	geoff steckel (gwes at wjh12.harvard.EDU)
			(...!husc6!wjh12!omnivore!gws)
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Sun Microsystems, despite the From: line.
This posting is entirely the author's responsibility.