Help! There's a slash '/' in my filename.

Rodney Peck II rodney at dali.ipl.rpi.edu
Wed Feb 6 07:58:14 AEST 1991

> In article <2665 at trlluna.trl.oz> mcf at trlamct.trl.oz.au (Michael Flower) writes:
>The problem is NOT fixable using other UNIX commands, since they all reference
>the file via namei, which knows about '/' as being a path component
>seperator.

hey people -- this 'how do I delete a file with a / in it' and it's cousin
question 'how do I delete a file that starts with -' are in the FAQ.  They
are the reason that the FAQ was made, and a large part of the reason that
the wizards group was split apart.

The answer -- the real answer -- is in the FAQ for this group.  Go look
in the spool dir for the oldest file for this group -- that's probably it.
--
Rodney