Help! There's a slash '/' in my filename.

Michael Flower mcf at trlamct.trl.oz.au
Mon Feb 4 10:44:42 AEST 1991

>From article <821 at nddsun1.sps.mot.com>, by cowan at dover.sps.mot.com (Andrew H Cowan):
>
> Now that I've got 'em, how can I get rid of them?

This looks like a job for fsdb. I don't know however if fsdb is
generally available, however it can be used to modify the directory
entry with this awful filename in it. It will be necessary to determine the
inode # of the offending directory (using ls -i), then examine the inode with
fsdb, determine the directory blocks and modify the appropriate entry
in the appropriate block (ie. replace the `/` in the filename).

The problem is NOT fixable using other UNIX commands, since they all reference
the file via namei, which knows about '/' as being a path component
seperator.

Using clri will lose the file altogether. This might not be a good idea.

Hope I am not too far off beam.
cheers ...mcf
Michael Flower
Artificial Intelligence Systems         Email:     flower at trl.oz.au
Telecom Research Laboratories           Voice:     +61 3 541 6179
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA                    Fax:       +61 3 543 8863