OS/2 is dead. Long live OS/2

Deryk Barker DBarker at system-m.phx.bull.com
Thu Jan 31 06:45:17 AEST 1991

Personally I could live without Microsoft products.  They don't seem to
understand user interfaces (try using their C compiler after using Turbo
C for example).  For a decent mult-tasking GUI I'd be looking to
Quarterdeck's recently announced Desqview/X, which preserves MS-DOS
compatibility, has true multi-tasking (which, I understand, Windows does
not) and provides X-Windows support.  Byte named it as one of their
products of 1990 despite its target release date of 1Q91.

Deryk Barker, Jupiter Software, Victoria BC.

"Send Lawyers, Guns and Money,
 Dad, get me out of this!"