Compressed executables

Eiger Richard rheiger at chvax.uucp
Wed Jan 30 23:31:19 AEST 1991

In article <5453 at bwdls58.UUCP> hwt at bwdlh490.BNR.CA (Henry Troup) writes:
>Of course, if you can implement compression in special hardware between the
>disk and the CPU, you can do this with no impact on CPU performance.

I thought of the exact same thing. While we're at it, why not put
hardware compressing onto the drives? This could be implemented using
schemes that are used successfully in image processing systems. One of
the problems I can think of however is the need to be able to access raw
data directly on the disk. Comments? Experiences?

	Richard