Limiting the number of user processes ?

Greg Hunt hunt at dg-rtp.rtp.dg.com
Sun Jan 27 05:49:09 AEST 1991

In article <25720 at adm.brl.mil>, jewell at tower-unix.city-poly.ac.uk (Tony Jewell) writes:

> Is there an easy way (or not so easy way) that we can limit the number of
> processes a user can run, in the same way that VMS can ?
>
> We are running Sun/OS 4.0.3

I don't know if Sun/OS has this configuration variable or not, but
under DG/UX you can set the kernel configuration variable MAXUP to
the number of processes that each user will be allowed to run
simultaneously.  That should do the trick if Sun/OS supports it or has
something similar.  Good luck.

Greg Hunt                        Internet: hunt at dg-rtp.rtp.dg.com
DG/UX Kernel Development         UUCP:     {world}!mcnc!rti!dg-rtp!hunt
Data General Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA  These opinions are mine, not DG's.