Is it "grep'

Ronnie Kon ronnie at mindcraft.com
Tue Jan 8 07:48:48 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan05.191552.31649 at eve.wright.edu> spotter at eve.wright.edu (Sh'r'ldana) writes:
>In article <BZS.91Jan5125331 at world.std.com> bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) writes:
>>
>>Well, my unabridged word list reveals "aggry", "ahungry", "anhungry"
>>and "unangry" but you can decide how many of those qualify as "words".
>>
>Aggry is not in my dictionary, so it doesn't count.  Ahungry, anhungry, and
>unangry are all derivatives of hungry and angry, so they don't count.

	This topic really had precious little to do with UNIX internals in the
first place, and has degenerated down to something not even remotely connected.
If people are really concerned about words ending in "gry," rec.puzzles seems
a much more appropriate forum.  Questions about how a command works ought to
receive responses of RTFM and be left at that.

				Ronnie