Proposed Renaming (was Re: Regular pipe vs. Named Pipe)

BURNS gt0178a at prism.gatech.EDU
Mon Jun 17 19:14:12 AEST 1991

in article <677015028.20230 at mindcraft.com>, ronnie at mindcraft.com (Ronnie Kon) says:

> I suggest we rename this group to comp.unix.named_pipes_and_shared_libraries,
> to more accurately reflect the contents of the group.  :-)

Why? - so we can just rename it again in another two(?) months? Didn't we
just go thru a rather painful childbirth a few months ago?

Hey, waitaminnit - this has possibilities. A newsgroup where the subject
matter defines the name, instead of the name restricting the subject
matter. Kind of like the old Changeable Charlie block game, updated for
the electronic age. Let's see, what hierarchy am I in this month ...?
--
BURNS,JIM (returned student)
Georgia Institute of Technology, 30178 Georgia Tech Station,
Atlanta Georgia, 30332            | Internet: gt0178a at prism.gatech.edu
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt0178a