sigblock,sigmask,sigsetmask ... for SYS V?

Tom Chatt tom at flood.com
Wed Jun 26 02:57:00 AEST 1991

srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu (Scott R. Presnell%Cohen) writes:
> hpn at regentdb.osrhe.uoknor.edu (Huy Nguyen / (405) 721-3798) writes:
>
> > Does anyone know of a library package, hacks, etc to emulate these BSD
> > signal routines for SYS V?
>
> I've used the following in the past as a quick hack...
>  [ code snippets emulating sigblock, sigsetmask enclosed ]

Yes, but the important question is: can you emulate sigpause?
The sigpause(2) call, which *atomically* waits for signals on
a provided signal mask, is essential to properly avoid the
critical races otherwise inherent in managing signals.
--
Tom Chatt                        \   Don't take offense, take action.
Internet: tom at flood.com           \    Speak up. When we remain silent,