Regular pipe vs. Named Pipe

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Jun 21 06:48:15 AEST 1991

In article <3048.Jun1423.16.2891 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
> That's the most logical argument I've heard from you in a while, John.
> Parts of it are even grammatical.

Tut, tut, Dan. That's not very nice.

I have a better argument: System V message queues are an uni-UNIX abomination
that create a new name-space for no good reason, and should be avoided whenever
possible on political grounds. The single namespace created in the original
UNIX design is its greatest strength, and any attempt to confuse things by
creating objects that don't appear in it is evil, rude, and should be opposed
by all right thinking people.

There's glory for you!
--
Peter da Silva; Ferranti International Controls Corporation; +1 713 274 5180;
Sugar Land, TX  77487-5012;         `-_-' "Have you hugged your wolf, today?"