sigblock,sigmask,sigsetmask ... for SYS V?

Scott R. Presnell%Cohen srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Wed Jun 26 09:30:27 AEST 1991

tom at flood.com (Tom Chatt) writes:

>srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu (Scott R. Presnell%Cohen) writes:
>> hpn at regentdb.osrhe.uoknor.edu (Huy Nguyen / (405) 721-3798) writes:
>>
>> > Does anyone know of a library package, hacks, etc to emulate these BSD
>> > signal routines for SYS V?
>>
>> I've used the following in the past as a quick hack...
>>  [ code snippets emulating sigblock, sigsetmask enclosed ]

>Yes, but the important question is: can you emulate sigpause?

Nu uh.  Nor can I do anything about restarting system calls after the
signal handler returns :-( wish I could, or alternatively, shoot the bozos
who write code that depends on this functionality).  And watch out for
possible semantic differences in "handling" SIGCLD and SIGCHLD (check your
man pages.)

"quick hack" means exactly that.  It works - most of the time - for most
purposes (in my experience)

	- Scott
--
Scott Presnell				        +1 (415) 476-9890
Pharm. Chem., S-926				Internet: srp at cgl.ucsf.edu
University of California			UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!srp
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0446			Bitnet: srp at ucsfcgl.bitnet