naive question about turning off cursor

Stan Brown stan at Dixie.Com
Thu Mar 28 09:46:52 AEST 1991

lam at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu (Michael Lam) writes:

=>Does anyone know how to turn off the cursor while using
=>the curses package (after compiling with -lcurses -ltermcap
=>and calling initscr)?

=>From the curses manual, there are 3 functions that are supposed
=>to do this:

=>setsyx
=>curs_set
=>leaveok

=>When I tried it, first two were not found by ld (I included both
=>stdio.h and curses.h), and leaveok didn't work (I called by
=>leaveok(stdscr,TRUE) and leaveok(stdscr,FALSE))

=>Any comment will be very much appreciated.

	On my system (ancient) the low level functions vi & ve turn it
	of and back on respectivly

--
Stan Brown	P. C. Design 	404-363-2303	Ataanta Ga.
(emory|gatech|uunet) rsiatl!sdba!stan           	"vi forever"