I have a file named "-"

Theo Hardendood theo at integow.uucp
Tue Mar 5 05:12:52 AEST 1991

>From article <128.27C67FFF at petruz.sublink.ORG>, by zaphod at petruz.sublink.ORG (Pietro Caselli):
> In an article of <26 Feb 91 05:28:22 GMT> (Benjamin H. Cowan) writes:
>
>  >  I have a file whose name consists of the single character "-".  I can't
>  >rm it or mv it or cat it or more it or anything to it.  How can I get rid
>  >of
>  >it?
>
> Just unlink It.

Ah, read the manual of getopt. It is recommended that all programs
use these routines, and some *NIX utilities will.
Utilities using the getopt() routines have an "end of options option": --

Just try:

	rm -- -

Hope this helps

Cheers,
	Theo Hardendood
    UUCP: ..!uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!integow!theo  or  theo at integow.uucp
Theo Hardendood, Sr. software engineer, Integrity software consultants,
         Pelmolenlaan 2, 3447 GW  Woerden, The Netherlands.
               tel +31 3480 30131, fax +31 3480 30182