Password Pipe

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Mar 29 01:32:58 AEST 1991

In article <JIK.91Mar27232213 at pit-manager.mit.edu> jik at athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:
>  It is a sad comment on what comp.unix.wizards has become that when
>someone posts a message to the newsgroup asking a question that is
>specifically answered in the comp.unix.questions FAQ posting, three
>people post responses that are less correct than the FAQ's answer (not
>quite "wrong," but definitely sub-obtimal) and that don't even mention
>the fact that the FAQ answers the question.

No, it's worse than that.  Did you notice that your posting went to
comp.unix.internals?  Yes, there is still much confusion in USENET
land about where comp.unix.wizards and comp.unix.internals go.  It
is quite possible that the FAQ (which I've not seen posted in weeks
either) is getting lost between the various systems which have
different ideas about what is what.
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"I want to be Robin to Bush's Batman."
                -- Vice President Dan Quayle