Unix security additions

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Mar 15 23:35:40 AEST 1991

In article <3364 at litchi.bbn.com> rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
>In <1991Mar12.185154.2423 at decuac.dec.com> mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com (Marcus J. Ranum) writes:
>>	When you get really into serious government security glop, you
>>basically have to give up networking completely.
>Not if
>	All the machines are in secure facilities; or

Not to be pedantic about this, but isn't there a requirement that all
of the machine on this mythical network be at some level of security
or another?  Putting one MS-DOS machine on an unencrypted network is
a good way to ruin an otherwise nice network.  Run a little network
sniffer, or change your IP address on the fly, or ...
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"I've never written a device driver, but I have written a device driver manual"
                -- Robert Hartman, IDE Corp.