Multiple IP addresses (was Re: Shared libraries)

lance.norskog lance at motcsd.csd.mot.com
Fri May 10 11:09:23 AEST 1991

richard at aiai.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) writes:

>In article <1991May7.145228.423 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> shore at theory.tn.cornell.edu (Melinda Shore) writes:
>>and it is absolutely not true that it is common for
>>a host to have multiple IP addresses.

>Any host acting as a gateway between networks is likely to.  There are 7
>such hosts within 50 feet of me.

Any host with TCP/IP derived from BSD 4.2 or 4.3 has at least two:
one for Ethernet and one for the loopback network.

It was my understanding that shared libraries save many users of
SUNos much pain because they allow popping in a user-developed
DNS lookup handler that actually work.  Has SUN finally got this
one right?

Lance