Fundamental defect of the concept of shared libraries

Michael Meissner meissner at osf.org
Sat May 25 10:07:39 AEST 1991

In article <1991May23.082658.4881 at kithrup.COM> sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:

| In article <225 at titccy.cc.titech.ac.jp> mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:
| >You poor boy, such an old trick is already known to me. I sometimes use
| >the trick if it is possible.
| >The problem here is that "jal" is not PC-relative.
|
| *sigh*
| Fine.  How about:
|
| 	mov	1, $at
| 	bgezal	$at, foo1$
| 	nop
| foo1$:
| 	mov	$r31, $at

Well actually, the move of 1 to $at is unnessary, since you already
have 0 in $0, and the test is >= 0.

	.set	noreorder
	.set	noat
	bgezal	$0, foo1$
	nop
foo1$:
	mov	$r31, $at
	.set	at
	.set	reorder

--
Michael Meissner	email: meissner at osf.org		phone: 617-621-8861

You are in a twisty little passage of standards, all conflicting.