Shared libraries

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat May 4 12:52:52 AEST 1991

In article <5152f9e6.20b6d at apollo.HP.COM> goykhman_a at apollo.HP.COM (Alex Goykhman) writes:
[a bunch of stuff showing ignorance of issues involved in shared libraries]
>Mapping is trivial, trapping is machine-dependent, and you can't change it
>anyway, so it must take a lot of imagination to produce an implementation
>of shared libraries that would not be simple and elegant.

Really?

How do you make sure that a user can substitute in his/her own version of,
say, malloc, and make sure that all of the routines in the shared library
use it?

Where do you put the library's data?

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."