MMU managment allocation/deallocation/swapping

John Clark jclark at sdcc6.ucsd.edu
Fri May 10 08:46:13 AEST 1991

The BSD vm_* code I have is set up for at most a two level MMU
scheme. Does anyone have any any ideas for a 3 level version. In
particular, page table entry allocation, saving the contexts to swap
disks. The examples I have introduce a segment table featurette to
handle the two level system. It seems by extension, a second segment
table idea is needed for a 3 level MMU scheme.

For particular CPU's two level version is for 68030, three level is
for 68040. The '40 has a fixed 3 level table structure. The '30
could have up to 5 levels but for the implementations I have, the
level was fixed at 2.

--

John Clark
jclark at ucsd.edu