Fundamental defect of the concept of shared libraries

Andreas Krey krey at ira.uka.de
Thu May 16 22:47:34 AEST 1991

In article <197 at titccy.cc.titech.ac.jp>, mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:
[about shared libraries, not always completely correct]

|> I hope you can now understand how complex the shared library is.
|>
|> The fundamental solution is, of course, not to have shared libraries.
|>
|> 						Masataka Ohta

We now all see how complex computers are.

The fundamental solution is, of course, not to have computers.

And, why do you share text pages of statically linked programs? Seems to
be a similar problem and unnecessarily complicating operating systems.
Do you ever rum more than one instance of any program at one?

--
Andy