Looking for Optical Disk Jukebox

Russell Crook rmc at nixtdc.uucp
Thu Sep 13 23:09:54 AEST 1990

Siemens/Nixdorf has an NFS-based optical jukebox system available
called FMWORM.  It supports both 5.25" (Cygnet) and 12" (Sony) jukeboxes;
the larger jukeboxes each support up to 350 GB, and you can have several
on a single host, and multiple hosts.  Since it is NFS compliant,
anything that works to a normal NFS file server will work to FMWORM
(if you account for jukebox latency, etc.).  Files are NOT staged;
incremental writes to an existing file do not cause a rewrite of the whole
file.

If you are interested, I have more details available.