Wanted: a batch system with controls.

Karl Rowley karl at uts.amdahl.com
Wed Sep 26 09:59:22 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep24.233728.6284 at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz> russell at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Russell J Fulton;ccc032u) writes:
>We run an SGI 4D/240 with about 1000 registered users and are looking
>for a PD batch system that can:
>
>Does anybody know of a PD batch system for UNIX, pref SYSV but we now have
>most of the common Berkley features as extentions?

Have you heard of NQS (the Network Queueing System)?  It was developed
by NASA Ames Research Center, and it has become somewhat of a standard
for a Unix batch system.

It is not quite public domain -- the source costs $6000.  Once you have it
and have added some value to it, there is no per license charge for
redistribution.  Contact:  Cosmic, The University of Georgia, 382 East
Broad St., Athens, Georgia  30602, telephone (404) 542-3265.  I think you
can get the documentation without buying the entire package.

Good luck.

                                        Karl Rowley
                                        UTS Development
                                        Amdahl Corp.