Looking for Optical Disk Jukebox

Greg Lehmann grl at brb.dmt.csiro.au
Thu Sep 20 16:45:11 AEST 1990

leadley at uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Scott Leadley) writes:

>	Pinnacle Micro, sells a 6GB, 10 disk jukebox for approximately $10K.
>I've used one of their single disk systems but have no experience with this
>product.

If its the one I think it is then it is more like 5GB. I have seen one and
heard about a 50 disk and 2 drive version. They also have a REO 1300 which
is just a 2 drive 2 disk version. This latter has the nice feature of being
able to access two sides on the 2 disks as a single filesystem. This means
you can have 500MB file-systems instead of the usual 250MB (per side) ones.
I don't know if you can have the 50 disk juke-box configured to do this. It
would offer more flexibility if you could mix 2 disk and single disk file-
systems in the one jukebox. Anybody know?

--
Greg Lehmann,
CSIRO Division of Manufacturing Technology,     Telephone: +61 7 377 3877