VGA with Microport?

Rick Wargo rickers at drexel.UUCP
Wed Apr 6 04:24:33 AEST 1988

In article <148 at abhg.UUCP>, misko at abhg.UUCP (William Miskovetz) writes:
> I'm sorry, but I have to differ here.  I have an AST Premium 286 running
> System V/AT Rel. 2.3 and DOS Merge 286.  I installed an IBM (real big blue)
> EGA card (replacing an MGA card) and I could not get UNIX to boot.  DOS
> came up just fine.  I called the Microport support line and first they
> tried to tell me I must not have an IBM EGA, and then they said that it must
> not work.  What's the real answer??  Is it that an EGA will work but not
> with DOS Merge (which is a rumor I have heard)?  Is there anyone out there
> with a setup similar to mine who has an EGA working??  Thanks.  Note that the
> EGA works just fine as I tested it running just DOS.
>
> Bill Miskovetz
> uunet!lll-winken!abhg!misko

A few months ago, I tried to install uPort 2.3L on an IBM AT with a
MultiSync EGA card and monitor and could not get the thing to boot
off of the boot disk.  I tried the same disk on my Compaq 386 with
Compaq EGA and it came up just fine.  uPort 2.2U used to work fine on
the same computer.  What gives???  A call into tech support didn't
give me an answer.  I ended up re-installing 2.2U...

							Rickers
							..!drexel!rickers