Xenix reliability (Was: Re: Bell Tech 386 SysVr3)

Andrew Valencia vandys at hpisoa1.HP.COM
Wed Aug 10 08:03:11 AEST 1988

/ hpisoa1:comp.unix.microport / woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Greg Woods) /  5:17 pm  Aug  8, 1988 /
>The
>only times I crashed it was with stupid stuff, like raw nroff output to
>the console, a hard disk error during swap, and doing something weird
>with IPC stuff.

	Could you provide code which crashes it through IPC?  Or a file
I could cat (containing raw nroff output, perhaps) which would crash it?
If you can give us hard data, we can use it to minimize our risk.  I've
run extensively with IPC and had no problem--but there's lots of ways to
use it, so I'm interested in which one breaks it.

				Andy