Support matters (no shit!)

samperi at djs.UUCP samperi at djs.UUCP
Thu Aug 11 12:31:35 AEST 1988

In article <211 at bhjat.UUCP> bhj at bhjat.UUCP (Burt Janz) writes:
|Is there NOTHING about Microport UNIX you like?  If not, forget about the
|product, stay with XENIX, and get out of this group.

Stay with XENIX? Most of the Microport flamage that you have been reading has
come from Microport customers who are upset by the fact that they do no get
a reasonable amount of technical feedback on bug reports, etc. At a bare
minimum, when a customer (often synonymous with beta tester) goes through
the trouble of filling out one of those "Software Problem Report" forms,
he/she should receive a written report from Microport describing what is
being done about the problem, when it will be fixed, etc. And serious
problems like compiler bugs that regularly panic the system should be
fixed IMMEDIATELY (I've reported such a bug that was verified by Microport
almost two years ago).

|John Plocher has done an admirable job of trying to address the concerns of

I agree, John has tried to be frank and honest with his customers...
--
Dominick Samperi
    samperi at acf8.nyu.edu             uunet!hombre!samperi