CURSES keypad - terminfo problem

Merlin Wilkerson merlin at cms2.UUCP
Wed Aug 17 03:06:19 AEST 1988

    I have a problem with curses.
    I want curses to interpret function keys.
    i.e)  keypad( stdscr, TRUE );

    This works perfectly on the console.
    However when I go to a vt100, the trouble begins.
    The NUMERIC keypad characters are interpreted.
    There isn't a NUMLOCK key on a vt100.
    If I do:   keypad( stdscr, FALSE );
    then NONE of the function keys are interpreted.
    If anyone has a workaround, I would be grateful.
    I had a user fighting with this for 6 months before she told me.

    computer:  Wedge Tech 386, digiboard8, microport SV/386(2.2), curses(3X).
    terminals: Ampex 220, HDS-220, DEC vt100, DEC rainbow.

thanks,
merlin
killer!mic!cms2!merlin