catie/patch01 -- fixes to catie (Configure Ansi TermInfo Entries)

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Wed Aug 3 22:35:29 AEST 1988

In article <657 at drexel.UUCP>, rickers at drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) writes:
> XAfter unsharing, you must patch catie using `patch < patch01'.
> XBeware, Microport supplies a program also named patch that does
> Xbinary patching.  The patch I am referring to is Larry Wall's patch.
> XI have renamed the Microport supplied patch program to "Patch" and
> Xkept Larry Wall's patch program named "patch".

I did this same thing with V/386 3.0-L2.2 and found that several system
routines (shell scripts mostly, i believe) reference "patch" and kind of die/do
funny things if they find larry wall's program instead.  Therefore, i bowed to
good sense and renamed larry wall's program to "Patch".
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
			w(612)681-6986