WD1006 Controller on 386/ix

Andrew Valencia vandys at hpisoa1.HP.COM
Thu Aug 4 04:52:16 AEST 1988

/ hpisoa1:comp.unix.microport / chip at ateng.UUCP (Chip Salzenberg) / 10:02 am  Aug  2, 1988 /
>Some of the more frequently-used programs can have their load times reduced
>dramatically by setting the sticky bit (chmod +t).  This will load the
>program text once and leave it in memory, waiting for its next invocation.

    I believe (unless they've REALLY changed things) that it'll only keep
it in the swap area.  It can still be swapped out and its memory resued.

					Andy