uport BBS (was HDB uucp and uport SV/AT (have you tried it?))

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Sat Aug 20 14:23:14 AEST 1988

>	What is the phone number for the uport BBS and what is the login
>procedure?  Finally, how is the file system setup for callers to get files?

The uport BBS is open to all Microport customers on a registration basis;
the first time you log on you are asked for your name and support/serial #.
After validation you are granted up/download privs - validation takes
a couple of days (usually done daily, but...).

We have two Trailblazers and an Everex Evercom 24e:

	     Evercon 24e : (408) 438-1680
	     Trailblazer : (408) 438-6567
	     Trailblazer : (408) 438-6687

You can use anonymous uucp (login: nuucp) to send/get files from the games and
unix file areas (~/games/* and ~/unix/*); the other areas are only avaliable
to registered users.

If you would like a direct connection (for mail) to uport (you poll us) just
send me email.

  -John Plocher