Auto-checking of file systems

Mark E. Mallett mem at zinn.MV.COM
Fri Dec 9 09:17:27 AEST 1988

In article <683 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>   What do I have to modify in Sys V/AT to have it run fsck on all file
>systems, including root, at power up regardless of wether the previous
>shutdown was normal or not. I've looked through the files run in inittab
>and its not real clear. Thanks.
>					John

You should be able to add a line in /etc/inittab that gets run at
bootup time, pointing to a shell procedure that checks your file
systems.  Like this:

ca::sysinit:/etc/checkall </dev/console > /dev/console 2>&1

Note that there's already an /etc/checkall that's a skeleton.
But just a list of fsck commands for the disks you wish to check
should do the trick.

-mm-

--
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett