GNU Emacs

M.D. Templeton GEC mdt at s1.sys.uea.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 04:22:20 AEST 1988

o Item 1
  I have emacs v 18.45, on a Sun 3/50 and have a teeny weeny problem.
  If I use the mouse in suntools, say with two emacs windows displayed,
  to select an emacs menu option, say to expand the current window,
  the message I get is:

Invalid function: (macro lambda (window &rest forms) "Switch to WINDOW, evaluate FORMS, return to original window." (byte-code .....

  The dots were my idea!

  The function does seem to be performed, though. I also can't get any effect
  from the middle mouse-key.

  Any ideas, fixes, patches????

o Item 2:
  Does anyone in the UK or Europe have a copy of emacs 18.52, and the will
  to put it on a tape for me (I'll supply the tape of course).

  Similarly, anyone over here got the other FSF programs, and/or a
  system for getting updates/new versions as they come available??

o Thanks in advance for help with both of these items.

		Mark D Templeton (The Druid)

Janet: mdt at uk.ac.uea.cs
Voice: 0603-56161 x 2308 (UEA)
       0634-44433 x 60   (GEC)
       0634-364150       (home - 18-Dec-88 to 3-Jan-89)