floating point under Microport 286

Michael Grenier mike at cimcor.mn.org
Tue Dec 13 02:29:03 AEST 1988

>From article <275 at uport.UUCP>, by plocher at uport.UUCP (John Plocher):
> In article <711 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>>In article <612 at cimcor.mn.org>, mike at cimcor.mn.org (Michael Grenier) writes:
>>> #include <stdio.h>
>>> main()
>>> { float a; a=2.0; printf("%f\n",a); }

OK, my cancel message obviously didn't make it around the net. Too Bad.
I got the floating point problem solved by reloading the software
development system a few hours after the original posting. Sorry
about the stir it made.

(At least I don't have to admit that XENIX is better!).

There is an occasision NMI error (about once a week) when the system
is under heavy load and using high memory. That must have caused the problem.
Cheap Korean RAM.

    -Mike Grenier
     mike at cimcor.mn.org