Any experience with Enix (Everex SysV for 386)?

Richard Jinkins jinkins at ut-emx.UUCP
Thu Dec 1 01:54:50 AEST 1988

In article <3032 at sugar.uu.net>, karl at sugar.uu.net (Karl Lehenbauer) writes:
> In article <11209 at reed.UUCP>, keithb at reed.UUCP (Keith Brown) writes:
> > The most note-worthy part of Everex' announcement was the suggested LIST price
> > for the complete unlimited license to their SVR3.2 ---  $499.00 complete.
>
> ...impossible, if other 386/AT Unix vendors are to be believed.  If not, then
> Everex may take the lowest-price-baton from Bell Tech (who took it from
> Microport)

     About four months ago I purchased a copy of ENIX V/386 (SVR3.0) for
$539 through a local Everex dealer. My license was for the 2 user system
and the manuals. Read the advertising flier carefully. It say that this
version has X windows, Documentors workbench, etc available but the
actual release does not come with these items, they are extra.
     I would make the following suggestion to anyone looking at buying
ENIX. First, inquire as to what exactly comes with the system for the
price you are paying. Second, buy the AT&T System V/386 manuals through
your local bookstore, they are much cheaper than Everexs (and exactly the
same).