YA uP V2.4

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Tue Dec 20 21:54:42 AEST 1988

>This bothers me too.  I had a very nice Merge/286 setup, then I went out
>and bought an AST VGA Plus card.  After that, the Microport merge kernel
>stopped working.

Microport does not currently support VGA cards.  We do, however, support
EGA cards, and many VGA cards have an EGA emulation mode built in.  Of those
that don't, IBM and Compaq are the best known.  We will be supporting VGA
in a future release, hopefully not too far in the future.

>2.4 fixed the VGA problem, but the merge kernel has not been updated so
>the merge product is STILL broken.

We are finishing engineering work on the 2.4 version of Merge 286; it will be
in QA 'till Feb, shipping soon after it passes.

>I wonder if Microport has given up on selling Merge/286?

Nope; in fact, are starting QA on a new version of the 286 compiler which fixes
all known bugs in the current release.  If you have test programs for compiler
bugs PLEASE send them in so we can make sure the new version doesn't have them.

    -John Plocher