Setkey problem...

elwiz at spdyne..UUCP elwiz at spdyne..UUCP
Sat Dec 31 14:04:00 AEST 1988

Greetings,

    I have sent this 8 ways to try to get it into uport... INCLUDING
directly connecting to uport!  No response...

    Anyway, Try the following:

        1) Login on the console, type setkey f10 "echo hello^M"
           Test this by hitting F10, and it will `echo hello'.

        2) Login to a normal user account on Cons2.

        3) Switch to the console and Hit F10.... Surprise! you get
           <ESC>X or something....(an X echos)... it is as if you did
           a setkey -d on the console!...

        This seems to happen when you login to ANY of the consoles...a real pain
        in the ... if you are expecting your function keys to do something
        useful.

    -- Chert Pellett

PS: Do you guys ever respond to mail anymore??? I have sent it DIRECTLY into
your system via direct connection and STILL haven't gotten any response!
(over a month ago!)... If you want to put spdyne into your systems file, then
queue the mail directly to me, that would be fine...  I would like SOME response
to my mail though!  If I don't get anything back on this I will post it to
comp.microport.  I will give ya 3 weeks to respond.. (It use to take ya about
4 or 5 days tops... What the heck happened?  Why is Your mail system so messed
up?  It looks bad for your product to have your mail screwed up....

    [I gave them 2 months....]